While donations are always welcome and appreciated, our greatest need is people. The Springfield First Aid Squad does hire per-diem EMTs to supplement our volunteer workforce and ensure 24x7 staffing of our ambulances.
- Be mentally & physically able to perform the job, including the ability to read, write & speak English fluently
- Be a U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident, or have valid Employment Authorization Documents
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have taken the CBRNE Awareness, CEVO, "Do No Harm" Developmental Disabilities Awareness, HazMat Awareness, HazMat EMS Operations, ICS-100, ICS-200 & IS-700 courses
- Have a valid CPR for the Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer & EMT (or higher) certification
- Have a maximum one at-fault accident & under 5 motor vehicle points in last five years, with a currently valid driver's license
- Pass a criminal background check, drug screening & medical exam
- Have a minimum one year of 9-1-1 EMS experience
If you are interested in joining us, an employment application is available online.
If you need to send any files to the Squad to support your application, please do so here.