Training Resources for EMTs
The following resources either offer training or will direct you to training available for emergency medical technicians (EMTs) and, in some cases, other emergency responders.
- Training at Springfield FAS and other nearby locations
- Springfield FAS, along with other local EMS agencies, often holds training that is open to all EMTs.
- NJ EMT Continuing Education Courses
- A searchable directory of all NJ EMT continuing education courses, approved by the NJ Dept. of the Health and Senior Services.
- NJ Homeland Security First Responder Training Center
- Online CBRNE Awareness, HazMat Awareness and ICS-100 courses for NJ EMS, fire and police. (A password from the state of NJ is required.)
- FEMA Independent Study Program
- FEMA's Emergency Management Institute (EMI) offers more than fifty independent study courses. These are self-paced courses designed for people who have emergency management responsibilities and the general public. Courses available include ICS-100, ICS-200 and IS-700 Introduction to the National Incident Management System (NIMS).